Pumpkin Streusel Bread is a delicious pumpkin bread with streusel topping – instantly adding extra texture and flavor to this moist pumpkin bread recipe! Serve a warm slice of this streusel pumpkin bread with homemade butter, apple jam, or chocolate spread for a delicious breakfast treat or dessert.
The pumpkin puree adds volume, moisture, and subtle pumpkin flavor and helps the bread hold shape. Use canned pumpkin puree or make your own for this scrumptious pumpkin streusel bread and other recipes such as cookies and cupcakes.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PUMPKIN STREUSEL BREAD RECIPE
Streusel is one of the easiest ways to turn plain bread, cake, muffins, or cupcakes into a delicious treat! While streusel topping is traditionally added to crumble desserts, this sweet and buttery topping is becoming a popular choice for many baked desserts, including this pumpkin streusel bread recipe.
The crumbly streusel topping adds texture and warm cinnamon flavor to an already mouth-wateringly moist pumpkin bread recipe!
HOW TO STORE PUMPKIN BREAD
This streusel pumpkin bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
This moist pumpkin bread recipe is best enjoyed 1-2 days after baking for the freshest flavor and texture.
Allow the bread to cool completely before storing it, and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
HOW SHOULD I SERVE PUMPKIN BREAD?
Enjoy a slice of warm pumpkin streusel bread with plain butter or a delicious compound butter, such as maple or cinnamon butter.
It can also be paired with your favorite jam, such as this apple jam.
CAN I USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING INSTEAD OF PUMPKIN PUREE?
No. Pumpkin pie filling is completely different from pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling has a runny consistency and includes ingredients such as spices and sugar.
Pumpkin puree is cooked pumpkin (either steamed or roasted) and then blended into a smooth consistency. It contains no additional ingredients, such as sugar, spices, or additives.
When making pumpkin bread, the thick consistency of pumpkin puree is the best choice as it helps the bread to hold its shape.
CAN I MAKE MY OWN PUMPKIN PUREE FOR THIS RECIPE?
Absolutely! To make your own pumpkin puree from scratch, prepare the pumpkin by cutting it into uniform pieces and then either steam the pumpkin or roast it until cooked through.
Once cooked, blend the pumpkin into a smooth consistency and squeeze any excess water out using a cloth and fine mesh strainer before combining it with the rest of the ingredients.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO PUMPKIN BREAD WITH STREUSEL?
- Make gluten-free bread by using gluten-free flour for the bread batter and the streusel topping.
- Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the bread batter for extra decadence.
- If you don’t like streusel topping, leave this pumpkin bread plain, or top it with a simple sugar glaze, Nutella Fudge Cream Cheese Icing, Nutella Whipped Icing, or a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar once cooled.
- Double this recipe and freeze one of the pumpkin breads for later use.
TIPS FOR MAKING PUMPKIN STREUSEL BREAD
- Squeezing excess water out of the pumpkin puree using a cloth and fine mesh is a great idea whether you use canned or homemade pumpkin puree. Removing the excess water will result in the best texture for this bread.
- Since every oven differs, it’s recommended to check the bread towards the last 55 minutes of baking. If the top of the bread is browning too quickly while still uncooked in the center, cover the top of the bread with aluminum foil and remove for the last few minutes.
- I prefer roasting my pumpkin at 400F in the oven until soft enough to blend easily into a puree when making homemade pumpkin puree.
- The combination of white and brown sugar is recommended for the bread batter. The white sugar adds sweetness and a crispy outer edge, while the brown sugar adds moisture.
More Scrumptious Dessert Bread Recipes
- Amazing Blueberry, Apple and Craisin Bread Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Chai Bread Recipe
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding