Have you ever seen a treat so colorful, so magical, as Lucky Charm Bark! And they’re so good, they’re definitely Magically Delicious! With almost no effort, you can serve up this fun and yummy white chocolate bark for St. Patrick’s day, a birthday party, or a just-because treat.
Did you know you can buy Lucky Charms marshmallows in bulk? You can! Add some rainbow sprinkles and a swirl or two of food color and presto! You’ve made a batch of Lucky Charms Bark.
What are Lucky Charms?
Lucky Charms is the name of an American kids breakfast cereal that originated back in the 1960s. The cereal is ‘luck-themed,’ and consists of larger shapes made out of oats and small, brightly colored marshmallows. The oats and marshmallows are shaped to be magical, lucky, or fun objects such as clovers, rainbows, unicorns, horseshoes, and rainbows.
What are the shapes of Lucky Charms Marshmallows
If you buy marshmallows in bulk, you may get a different assortment of colors and shapes. If you buy the cereal, you’ll find stars, hearts, horseshoes, clovers, blue moons, rainbows, red balloons, and magical unicorns.
What is Lucky Charms Bark?
The term ‘bark,’ in the realm of desserts, refers to a thin, sheet-shaped, hard candy that’s broken into pieces. Lucky Charms Bark is made from a sheet of hardened white chocolate that’s decorated with swirls of food coloring, sprinkles, and of course, Lucky Charms Marshmallows. They’re sprinkled on top of the wet white chocolate. Then, after the chocolate hardens, it’s broken into small pieces and eaten.
Tips and Recipe Notes
- Be careful melting your chocolate as you don’t want to overheat it. Melt very gently and slowly. It’s not a process to be rushed! When your chocolate is almost melted, just stir to finish melting the remaining pieces.
- Gel food coloring gives the prettiest colors without watering down your chocolate. If you only have drops, it’s ok to use them, but don’t add too much.
- USE the PARCHMENT. It’s really hard to get bark off of a cookie sheet without it. If you don’t have any, go to the store and get some before you make this. Alternatively, you could use the aluminum foil with the non-stick side, but don’t use cooking spray as a substitute, as in my (very bad) experience, it just doesn’t work.
- Chocolate – You can technically use any kind of candy melt you want. Almond bark, dark or milk chocolate, anything goes. However, you may not be able to use the food coloring on the dark chocolate, and I think the white looks the prettiest.
- Sprinkles – You can decorate with other toppings, like mini marshmallows, jimmies, round sprinkles, crushed candy or cookies… the sky’s the limit!
How many servings does this make?
That depends on how big you break your pieces! But in all seriousness, this recipe should yield 12 servings. If you want, you can break your pieces up larger or smaller. If you have a really big cookie sheet, you can also double this recipe.
How Do I Store Lucky Charms Bark?
This recipe will store very well in the fridge. Keep it in a container with a lid.
Can I Freeze Recipe?
Yes! You can freeze Lucky Charms Bark. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, then place it in a Ziploc bag. Freeze for up to three months. However, a warning: your marshmallows might have a bit of a funny texture after being frozen. They should taste just as delicious though.
Can I make this in my Instant Pot?
Yup, you totally can! I love using my Instant Pot as a double boiler. The liner will have the water on boil/steam function, and then use a clean pyrex bowl or stainless steel bowl. I like adding a clip or piece of foil to the edging so it doesn’t mysteriously get stuck. Image below on how to setup your system:
- Add 2 cup warm water to Instant Pot liner. Press Steam and set timer for approximately 10 minutes. Place bowl on top of liner.
- Add your chocolate to the bowl and allow to warm. Gently stir chocolate until thoroughly melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, you can follow the rest of the recipe below! Easy Peasy! Have a couple of other bowls available to add food coloring to.
More Very Easy, Very Yummy Treats You’ll Enjoy
If you like this magically delicious Lucky Charms Bark recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other easy treats! Try any from the list below.