Instant Pot Unicorn lava cake – I didn’t know what else to name it. I could have named it a rainbow lava cake, but unicorns are just so much more magical…don’t you think?
Did I make this because I wanted to? No…Angela asked me to make her something “Barney with different colors that Barney loves because Barney loves all colors, especially purple magic Barney colors!”
Yes, she did not take a BREATH when she was asking me to make her something. You see, I made Peanut Butter Chocolate lava cakes yesterday; however, she can’t eat chocolate (nor can my other nephew).
So I came up with this! A freaking Instant Pot Unicorn lava cake.
She was pretty stinking excited. I don’t know why I encourage her love and passion for Barney, but whatever. Don’t judge me. If a unicorn lava cake is gonna make her happy, who am I to say no? Especially since it really doesn’t take too much time to make.
The only time consuming part of making the Instant Pot unicorn lava cake was making the different colors and then layering them inside of the pyrex bowls.
Preparing the Batter for the Instant Pot Unicorn Lava Cake
When you follow the recipe for the Unicorn lava cake, you’ll split the batter up equally into 5 different bowls or containers. I used 4 different food colors: Red, Blue, Green, and Purple (I made purple with equal parts of blue and red).
In total, it took about 6 drops of each food color to get what I wanted in making sure that the Instant Pot Unicorn lava cake turned out bright and vibrant.
I didn’t want Angela too look at something dull and boring. She loves vibrant colors, so I as going to do the best that I could. I took it as a small challenge to make something “Happy and Bright” to eat, even though she toted “Barney, Barney, Barney!!!” when she was eating it.
Fine…I’ll let Barney take this round for inspiring me to make the Unicorn lava cake for her. *insert eye roll*
Instant Pot Unicorn Lava Cake Recipe
I hope you enjoy making this Unicorn lava cake! Yes, Angela enjoyed it, but I know that many of you will enjoy making this for your children.
They’ll be sure to eat it up with a great big smile.
You can easily add ice cream with colored sprinkles to add an even more delightful and colorful scene for your child (or you) to eat.
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs Vanilla
- 6 tbs flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Pyrex 6oz bowls
- Food Color (red, blue, and green)
- Mix together powdered sugar, butter, 3 eggs and egg yolk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Divide batter in 5 equal portions. Add colors to 4 of them. the 5th bowl will stay a yellow color, so you won't need to add food color to it!
- Spray each Pyrex Bowl with pam cooking spray (I used the baker's spray).
- Layer each colored batter into each bowl. When adding the different colored layers, you will you use the back of a teaspoon to help spread the different colors to the edge of the pyrex bowl as close as you can get it.
- Place your trivet in your instant pot with one cup of warm water.
- Place your bowls on the trivet.
- I had to fit 3 on the bottom and one on the top.
- Place your pot on MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken
- Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken
- Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler
- Instant Pot Skinny Chicken Fajita
Pin the Image Below to save on Pinterest!