This Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is another fun and fabulous meal to make for your family. I love it when recipes are easy to make, easy to cook in one pot, and then easy to clean up afterwards. You’ll love that this teriyaki chicken Instant Pot recipe tastes. You can eat it by itself, or easily enjoy it over a bed delicious jasmine rice.
In this method of using whole chicken breasts in this recipe, we shred the breasts when we’re done. However, you don’t have to cook them whole and then shred them. You can cut the chicken breasts up into cubes, and then cook them.
For the carrot coins, you take whole carrots and use a standard grater with grooves in it. I used my handy mandolin that has that attachment. Mandolins are perfect for slicing up uniform veggies.
You can definitely double the recipe; however, if you do then you must increase the cooking time! No…you don’t double the time. You’re chicken will wind up drier than sandpaper and chewier than a leather belt. Add on an extra 4 minutes of cooking time to the pressure, and then allow it to fully NPR.
The directions for this Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken states to NPR for 10 minutes, and then QPR. We are going to allow the Instant Pot to fully NPR when you double the recipe.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, then you can also make this in your Slow Cooker, and I’ve added the recipes below the Instant Pot one for you to follow along with!
When your teriyaki chicken Instant Pot recipe is done, this is the texture you will have in the pot. That teriyaki glaze is going to be amazing over rice. I normally buy frozen jasmine rice from Trader Joe’s, as it makes my meal time preparation done with less stress. I normally cook the frozen rice into the sauce when I pull out the chicken to shred.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe, as much as I had fun showing it off to you!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 oz sliced carrots (coins)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Add chicken breast to electric pressure cooker
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger
- Pour over chicken in pressure cooker
- Top with sliced carrot coins
- Close and seal pressure cooker and set to 13 minutes high pressure (per manufacturer instructions)
- Allow 10 minute natural pressure release (NPR) when done, then perform quick pressure release (QPR).
- Remove carrots to separate bowl
- Remove chicken to a large bowl and shred using two forks
- Meanwhile, turn pressure cooker to sauté and allow sauce to come to a simmer
- Whisk together cornstarch with equal amount of water until smooth
- Stir into sauce and let simmer 2-3 minutes until thickened
- Add chicken and carrots back into pot and stir to serve
FOR THE SLOW COOKER
- Add chicken breast to slow cooker.
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger .
- Pour over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with sliced carrot coins. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7.
- Remove chicken breasts, and shred with forks. Place to side. Remove Carrots and place to side.
- Whisk together cornstarch with equal amount of water until smooth. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes to thicken. Then add back chicken and carrots. Stir until well covered and then serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Teriyaki Chicken Instant Pot Recipe Is A Fabulous WW Instant Pot Meal!
If you’re doing the whole Weight Watchers plan (Now WW), then you’ll love that 1 serving will yield you 5 Freestyle Smart Points! Now can we be a little honest here? Most of the points is coming from the honey and brown sugar in sauce. If you drain off a lot of the sauce, you will totally be reducing your points by at least one or two! However, I’m adding the points in there because maybe you might want some of that delicious sauce over a bed of rice.
Making Weight Watchers Instant Pot meals saves you so much time, and is also a great resource for batch cooking!
Instant Pot Resources You’ll Love
Here’s some great information that I think you’ll love to know, especially in finding stuff for WW Instant Pot recipes, and other pieces of valuable information that you just might need one day.
- Instant Pot Accessories you’ll actually use if you buy. No Joke. These are things you’ll actually need.
- You always need to know how to thoroughly clean your Instant Pot to keep it ticking.
- You can make fabulous steel cut oats.
- This Database of WW Instant Pot recipes is exactly what you need right now.
- There’s a fabulous Printable Menu to help you track your points.
- If you love WW Instant Pot Soups, then this is where you’ll want to visit.
- Did you know that you could make wine in your Instant Pot?