Instant Pot Salted Caramel
What goes great with freshly made instant pot salted caramel? Dessert is the only correct answer! Because we have grown up topping our most favorite desserts with salted caramel. Ice cream? Pour some on top. Candied apples? Dip ‘em in! Cheesecake? Drizzle all over and enjoy! And the list can go on and on.
I even love salted caramel milkshakes and lattes topped with a spoonful of salted caramel, and so does my family!
So, instead of running to the store to get salted caramel, I decided to make some at home!
Why We Love Instant Pot Salted Caramel?
This is one of the most versatile food items ever; you can have it with almost any dessert!
We love this instant pot slated caramel recipe because it’s very easy to make. Just put the sugar and water in an instant pot, and cook away till it caramelizes to sweet perfection. Then all you have to do is add heavy cream, butter, and salt, and whisk till everything is well combined and the mixture turns soft and gooey with a beautiful brownish orange color.
Also, this is homemade. This means it is free from dyes and preservatives and does not have high fructose corn syrup. The ingredients used in making this salted caramel are easily available at our homes, so you probably won’t have to run to the store to get anything.
Plus, you can prepare it in under 20 minutes! As a result, you have a jar full of sweet and super delicious caramel sauce, ready to be added to your favorite desserts any time, any day!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Salted Caramel Recipe
The sauce needs only 5 main ingredients:
- 1/3 cup water: You need water to cook the sugar in to caramelize.
- 1 + 1/4 cup sugar: Sugar is the main ingredient for the salted caramel.
- 1⁄2 cup double (heavy) cream: Heavy cream adds consistency to the salted caramel.
- 6 tsp unsalted butter: To make the caramel sauce soft and smooth.
- Pinch sea salt: To balance out the sweetness of the caramel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I received a lot of queries regarding the instant pot salted caramel recipe, so I decided to answer some of the most common ones to help you whip up a pot of this delicious dessert sauce that’s surely going to be a crowd-pleaser.
Q. What should I do if my instant pot salted caramel hardens?
The caramel sauce does not harden if you keep it at room temperature. However, if you keep it in the fridge, it will harden. To soften it up, place the jar of salted caramel in hot water, or heat it in the microwave. Also, add more heavy cream to it to keep it from hardening too much.
Q. For how long can we use the instant pot salted caramel?
Homemade caramel does not have a very long shelf life; therefore, if you keep it outside at room temperature, it will last for 3 days. If you want to use it later, you can keep it in the fridge for it to last for up to 3 weeks, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Q. Do we have to keep this refrigerated?
You can keep it refrigerated if you want it to last longer. If you keep it outside, it will only be usable for up to 3 days, while it can stay fresh in the fridge for 3 weeks.
Q. How can we use the instant pot salted caramel?
You can use this in many ways! You can add it to coffee, drizzle over apple pies, pancakes, and oatmeal. You can also use it as an ice-cream topping, cheesecake topping, add it to cereals, or make candy apples out of it. This caramel is quite versatile, and can be eaten in any way you want!
If you REALLY are having a super bad sweet tooth, then you can just eat it right out of the jar. I won’t admit to how many times I’ve done this!
Q. Is this the same as dulce de leche?
Caramel and dulce de leche are not the same, as caramel is made up of water and sugar, while dulce de leche is made using milk and sugar or sweetened condensed milk.
Tips and Tricks
1. Don’t overcook the sugar and water mixture, as the caramel might turn bitter and hard.
2. If your instant pot salted caramel is hardening even at room temperature, heat it on a stove and stir in some heavy cream.
3. Store your salted caramel in a glass mason jar with a plastic lid.
Delicious Dessert Recipes You Need to Make!
- Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
- Sweet Potato Pie Bars
- S’mores Bars Recipe
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Instant Pot Salted Caramel
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 + 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup double (heavy) cream
- 6 tsp unsalted butter
- Pinch sea salt
- Add sugar and water into your Instant Pot.
- Use saute mode on ‘high’ for 10-15 minutes and cook until the syrup reaches 150C (302F). When the caramel is formed turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add heavy cream to the caramel and whisk until combined.
- Add butter and salt, keep whisking.
- Pour into a jar. Allow to cool to room temperature.