Instant pot quinoa: A happy, healthy, and fulfilling meal ready in just ONE minute!
Every now and then, we try to incorporate healthy food items into our diet to live a healthy lifestyle. And thanks to recent research, plenty of grains and plant-based items offer the same nutritional value as some of our everyday meals.
One such grain is quinoa – A protein-rich food item that goes well with almost everything!
And since I’m making it in an instant pot, it’s double the fun. Why? Because instant pot quinoa always turns out perfectly cooked, fluffy, with deliciousness in every bite.
So, what is it about this instant pot quinoa recipe that’s making everyone go crazy?
Why We Love Instant Pot Quinoa Recipe?
This instant pot quinoa recipe is a dream come true for all the vegetarian and vegan folks out there!
For one, it’s so easy to cook; you only need 3 ingredients! But do you know what’s better than 3? One! It takes one minute to cook this protein-packed grain! I mean, just put everything in an instant pot, and it would be done even before you finish saying, “Instant pot quinoa!”
So, whether you’re exhausted after a hectic day at work, want to whip up a quick afternoon snack, or just don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen making a fancy meal, this quinoa recipe is a lifesaver. Just put the quinoa, broth, and salt in the instant pot, and set the timer to one minute. Voila, it’s done!
Secondly, quinoa is a healthy alternative to meat. It is packed with protein; therefore, if you’re following a vegan diet, you can get all the protein and other nutrients from quinoa that you can get from beef.
But here’s the best part about quinoa; you can use it to make burger patties, taco fillings, lasagne, or anything that requires meat. Because quinoa is a full-fledged meat substitute! So, say goodbye to those ground beef cravings, as you can use quinoa instead and get the same nutritional value.
As I mentioned earlier, this quinoa recipe requires only 3 readily available ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups white quinoa: I used white quinoa; however, you can use red or black quinoa as well.
- 18 ounces vegetable broth: We need some liquid to cook quinoa in; therefore, I’m using unsalted vegetable broth for added flavor. If you’re not following a vegan diet, you can also use beef or chicken broth. And if you don’t want to add broth, plain water will also do.
- 1 tsp salt: And obviously, we need some salt to enhance the flavor of the quinoa.
While instant pot quinoa is quite a simple recipe, here are some common queries to help first-timers with the recipe:
Quinoa is a versatile dish and pairs well with plenty of dishes. Here are some options to help you serve quinoa:
– As a side dish to the main meal.
– As it is with some salt, pepper, chili flakes, and lemon.
– Make a grain bowl using instant pot quinoa.
– Make a Mediterranean quinoa salad.
– Substitute it for rice in rice bowls.
– Serve it with chicken curry.
– Toss them in instant pot black beans.
– Serve it with toasted garlic butter shrimp.
You can store instant pot quinoa in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. It stays good enough for 5 days in the refrigerator; however, you can freeze it for up to 4 months in the freezer.
When you’re ready to use frozen quinoa, just thaw it in the fridge overnight. You can also reheat it on the stovetop on slow heat till it’s heated through. And if you’re in a rush, you can give it a round in the microwave for one minute.
Quinoa has double the amount of protein than white rice and has 5 grams more fiber too. It has relatively fewer carbs and calories than rice; therefore, it can be considered a healthy alternative to rice.
1. Rinse the quinoa before cooking to remove its bitterness caused by saponin, its natural coating.
2. if you’re using packaged quinoa, check whether it’s pre-rinsed or not.
3. Don’t add too much water to the quinoa, or it will turn out mushy, and too little water will result in uncooked quinoa.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Homemade Chocolate Granola
- Air Fryer Bagels (2 Ingredients 10 Minutes)
- Granola Cups with Yogurt
- Easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon Ranch Biscuits
- Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Casserole