This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is the perfect solution when you are short on time but craving the classic flavors of this breakfast comfort food. Your Instant Pot does all the work, simmering old-fashioned oats and chopped apples in a sweet cinnamon blend. Then, all you need to do is stir and enjoy!
What is Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal?
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal uses basic old-fashioned oats flavored with apples and cinnamon. The ingredients used are simple and familiar, with easy steps from preparation to completion. Adding brown sugar and butter creates the ultimate breakfast for the oat lovers in your family.
How Do I Store Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal?
In the fridge, you can store this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal in an airtight container for up to 4-6 days. Store within 2 hours of cooking. To reheat, warm in the microwave on high heat. You can add a splash of milk to keep it moist as it reheats.
Can I Freeze Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal?
Yes, you can freeze fully-baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. To freeze, spoon individual portions into jumbo muffin tins. Top with desired toppings before transferring the muffin tin to the freezer. Freeze until firm. Remove the oatmeal from the muffin tins and transfer it to individual Ziploc bags—store oatmeal in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat on high power in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir in milk or cream and heat for an additional 20 seconds. Serve immediately.
What is the difference between old-fashioned oats and quick-cooking oats?
The difference between old-fashioned oats and quick-cooking oats is in their cut. Old-fashioned oats are flat-rolled to help oats cook evenly. Quick oats are cut into small pieces to help them cook more quickly.
Tips for Making Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- For added flavor, you can add maple syrup on top of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal before serving.
- Layer the salt and cinnamon in this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe. Begin by sprinkling ¼ tsp on the apples while they are sautéeing. Then, mix the remaining cinnamon and salt in the dry oats before adding them to the Instant Pot.
- Serve Apple Cinnamon alongside Greek yogurt to add some protein to your breakfast meal.
I know your family will love Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal as much as mine. But before you dive into this recipe, here’s what you want to know about Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
- You can use any apple variety in Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, but I recommend using Jonagold, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady apples for a more “apple pie” taste.
- Consider topping Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with raisins, fresh berries, coconut, chocolate chips, or brown sugar.
- Water– For a more thick and creamy consistency, use milk instead of water to make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
- Brown Sugar– If you don’t have brown sugar on hand, mix a tsp of molasses into granulated sugar and add to this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe.
- Oats– Substitute oats with quinoa flakes for a gluten-free hot cereal option.
More Yummy Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other easy breakfast recipes! Try any from the list below.