With an incredibly simple list of ingredients and no added preservatives, this homemade mild taco seasoning is the perfect recipe to try out on a weekend.
Ready to give the recipe a shot? Scroll down to get a quick glimpse into everything you need to know about it before you do.
What’s to Love About the Homemade Mild Taco Seasoning?
This mild taco seasoning doesn’t just taste great, but you can also batch-make it and store it in your pantry to have a nice supply ready to be used to add a punch of flavor to all your culinary creations.
Why Make My Homemade Mild Taco Seasoning?
Okay, so you’re probably buying your favorite taco seasoning already- it makes things so much easier, and it doesn’t even cost you that much. So why exactly would you want to scratch make it yourself? There are a few good reasons.
Most packaged taco seasonings also come with added preservatives, which, as you can guess, aren’t good for your body.
Plus, there’s always a chance that the store near you might run out of them, or that the seasoning might not be suited to your kiddo’s taste buds. Making your own seasoning is fun because you get to customize and adjust the individual ingredients, ending up with a finished seasoning mix that tastes just the way you want it to.
How Do I Use the Mild Taco Seasoning?
The taco seasoning can be used in a myriad of ways. It can spice up your homemade enchiladas and casseroles and can add a nice kick of flavor to any bowl of soup. You can also add it to your pasta sauces, burger sauces, and homemade marinades. And of course, it can also be used as is, sprinkled over your bowl of salad.
How Do I Store it?
Storing your homemade mild taco seasoning is super easy. All you need to do is transfer it to an airtight container or a glass jar and then in your pantry or a cool and dark place- in one of your kitchen cabinets.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Homemade Mild Taco Seasoning
Ready to give the taco seasoning a shot? Wait up! You might want to keep these little tips and hacks handy to make sure you get the flavors right.
- To lend an extra depth of flavor to the seasoning, replace the salt in the recipe with kosher salt. Don’t have kosher salt? Sea salt can work just as well.
- The onion and garlic powder are an absolute must for this recipe. The combination of these two ingredients is what brings a nice balance of heat and sweetness to the seasoning.
- To lend the seasoning a bit of extra heat, you can also add some cayenne pepper into the mix.
- To lend the taco seasoning a bit of a smoky flavor, use smoked paprika instead of the regular variant.
- Some coriander powder added into the mix can lend the seasoning a more balanced, subtle taste, making it great for kids and toddlers.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
There are a ton of ways you can put this flavorful homemade mild taco seasoning to use- it is actually pretty versatile that way. Season your meat and veggies for the taco with it, or use it as a marinade for your roast dishes.
More Easy Recipes You Should Make
- Feta Cheese Covered Olives
- S’mores Bars Recipe
- Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Ginger Bundt Cake