Everyone has their own way of making their pulled bbq pork, but I love making mine in the crockpot! Put that baby on low, let it simmer, and 8 hours later you have this super amazing and delicious pork that’s ready to be placed on a bun and in your mouth. Low and slow is the way to go when making pulled BBQ pork. To make your meal complete, try my Deviled Egg Potato salad or my BBQ Coleslaw recipe! I love adding coleslaw on top of my BBQ pulled pork sandwiches! It adds a little extra crunch and a hint of sweetness to it. I used this amazing BBQ sauce from Fuggs and Foach! I promise you that you won’t be disappointed.
Crockpot Pulled BBQ Pork
- Approximately 3 lbs pork roast
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cholula hot sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- BBQ Sauce
- Place all ingredients (EXCEPT BBQ SAUCE AND CHICKEN STOCK) into crockpot.
- Set your crockpot on low and cook for 4 hours.
- After cooking for 4 hours, add in BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Turn off crockpot.
- With a pair of tongs, shred the pork loin and let rest in the yummy BBQ juice.
- Now the hard part! Allow to fully cool and then place in the fridge over night.
- Re-heat in a pan over medium heat with chicken stock.
- Once thoroughly heated, enjoy and serve!
Okay, so you must have noticed how I added in a section into the recipe of waiting to eat it until the next day. The main reason why is I like to let the meat marinate in the BBQ sauce. It tastes GREAT when it’s made the same day, but it tastes so much more amazing the next day!