Holiday Peanut Butter Fudge is creamy and sweet, made with regular fudge ingredients as well as a jar of fluff for added decadence and festive red and green M&Ms to get you into the spirit of Christmas!
Serve your holiday peanut butter fudge on a dessert platter for Christmas, or gift it in cello bags with decorative ribbons and gift tags to friends and family.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
This holiday peanut butter fudge is an easy classic stovetop fudge that even beginners can make! This recipe turns creamy peanut butter fudge into a special holiday treat with the simple addition of red and green M&Ms!
Get creative and add other festive sprinkles and edible decorations to your holiday fudge this year!
WHAT’S THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER TO USE IN THIS FUDGE RECIPE?
Any type of peanut butter will work for this holiday peanut butter fudge. That said, if you are using natural peanut butter, especially the kind that doesn’t contain any stabilizers, it’s best to mix the peanut butter in its jar before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
Natural peanut butter tends to have an oily top layer that separates from the rest of the peanut butter. If you scoop up too much oil, it will make the fudge very runny, while the peanut butter itself will be very dry.
Apart from my own preference to use commercial peanut butter, you can opt for any brand, smooth or crunchy.
HOW SHOULD I STORE HOLIDAY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE?
This peanut butter holiday fudge can be stored in an airtight container, lined with parchment paper, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 month.
This fudge can also be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. It’s best to wrap the individual pieces in wax paper to prevent the fudge pieces from sticking together.
When ready to enjoy, remove the stored fudge from the fridge or freezer and allow it to reach room temperature before serving.
WHY IS MY HOLIDAY FUDGE GRAINY?
If your fudge has turned out grainy, it’s usually due to too much sugar added to the mixture. There wouldn’t be enough liquid in the fudge mixture to dissolve this excess sugar, leading to a grainy texture.
You can prevent grainy fudge by using a measuring cup or scale to accurately measure your ingredients.
CAN I MAKE THIS FUDGE IN THE MICROWAVE?
Yes, you can make this holiday peanut butter fudge in the microwave. Combine and melt the ingredients listed in this recipe but do so in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
It’s a good idea to place a paper towel over the microwave bowl while the mixture is heating to prevent any splashing of hot fudge mixture.
TIPS FOR MAKING HOLIDAY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- You can easily double this fudge recipe if you require a larger batch for serving to a bigger crowd or for gifting as delicious holiday treats.
- You can easily leave out the green and red holiday M&Ms if you’d like to enjoy this peanut butter fudge throughout the year and not just around Christmas. Alternatively, consider adding pink M&Ms for Valentine’s fudge or orange and purple candy for Halloween – the options are endless!
- Festive sprinkles or sanding sugar can also be added to your assembled fudge before leaving it to set.
- If you don’t have a 13 x 9-inch pan, you can use a smaller one. Just note that your fudge squares will be thicker if you use a smaller pan, and the fudge may require additional time to set.
- Fudge absorbs odors from the fridge and freezer easily which is why it’s best to wrap the pan if you intend to chill the fudge to set it.
More Festive Christmas Desserts to Make
- Reindeer Cupcakes
- Grinch Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Linzer Cookies
- Christmas Pavlova
- Air Fryer Christmas Cookies
- 2 ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ c evaporated milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 jar of Fluff (7oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup red and green M&Ms
- Combine sugar, butter, milk and salt in a heavy 3 qt sauce pan. Bring to full boil over high heat stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until fully melted.
- Add vanilla and fluff, beat until well blended and fluff is fully melted.
- Fold in candy immediately. Spread in a 13x9 inch baking pan, greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Cool at room temperature (2-3 hrs) or place in fridge to cool (1-2 hrs).
- Store in airtight storage container in fridge for freshness.