I have been compensated by Immaculate Baking for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
I love baking baking all year long, but especially during the holiday season. I hate making generic pies, so I created my own cast iron skillet pear tart with a caramel sauce inside! This stuff is like pure magic. Not too sweet. Simple. Delicious. I should have made more than just one because I barely got 2 bites out of it once the kids attacked it. I’m surprised that they didn’t decide to eat the skillet itself.
Why did I choose a pear? Well, I wanted something that had a hint of sweetness and that had juices that could easily be caramelized. As far as store bought pie crusts, I used the Immaculate baking pre-made crust. They were so super easy to find at Whole Foods. If you want to see if a store by you has any of their products, you can always use their product locator link.
Another note: I know that I’m getting paid to do this post and say all of these super hyper “OMG! It’s AMAZING!! YOU NEED TO GET THIS!!” kinda stuff, but I have to be totally honest. It really is super delicious. I was shocked. The cost is about the same as other ready made pie crusts that are available out there, but this pie crust is really delicious. Don’t use it cold straight out of the fridge. Let it warm up a little bit. When it’s cold, it’s a little on the brittle side. But once it’s warmed up some, it’s super easy to use and very malleable.
Since I had such a positive response to their pre-made pie crust, I seriously am going to have to go and try their other products. They have:
- Immaculate Baking Organic Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- Immaculate Baking Organic Crescent Rolls
- Immaculate Baking Organic Flaky Biscuits
- Immaculate Baking Organic Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- Immaculate Baking Organic Vanilla Sugar Cookie Dough
- Immaculate Baking Organic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough
- Immaculate Baking Gluten Free Double Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Immaculate Baking Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- Immaculate Baking Ready to Bake Pie Crusts
Because I’m such a McFatty, I’m totally snagging up the Cinnamon rolls and the Double Chocolate cookie dough. They’re on my most wanted list right now lol! Now, before I give you the full recipe…please take a look at my recipe video I made! YAY! (Just do it and make daddy happy. Thanks!)
Look how neat I’m becoming! Now, for the recipe. It’s suer easy, as you can see by the video. Here’s what the consistency and color is supposed to look like.
Cast Iron Skillet Pear Tart Recipe
- 2 Medium sized pears (peeled and sliced thin)
- 2 Tablespoons of Salted Butter (I like the balance of the salted butter)
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 package of Immaculate Baking Pre-made Pie Crust
- Min Cast Iron Skillet
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- In a medium sized pan over a medium heat, melt butter.
- Then add in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Once everything is mixed well together, add in sliced pears.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Form the pie crust into the skillet. Pour in the pears.
- Cut a few strips of the crust and place on top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
If you need some recipe inspiration, then take a look at their site. They have TONS of them.
Of course, you can just search through my blog and find recipes to use the pre-made crust, but don’t forget to try their other yummy products that they carry 🙂 (Yes I used my first ever smiley face in my writing…get over it).
Enjoy and Happy Baking!