Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is an addictive party appetizer that’s so easy to make! Wrap a wheel of brie in thawed puff pastry, brush on an egg wash, and bake until the puff pastry is flaky and golden and the cheese is gooey when cutting into the appetizer.
Serve your baked brie appetizer with freshly sliced figs and strawberries, nuts and honey, or cranberry sauce for the holidays.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BAKED BRIE IN PUFF PASTRY
Baking cheese that’s first wrapped in puff pastry is a delicious way to contain oozing warm melted cheese and something to hold onto as you pull it apart. The technique to baking cheese first originated in Scandinavia which then grew in demand around the world in the 1900s.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THIS BAKED BRIE?
Leftover baked brie in puff pastry can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Reheat in the oven to serve again. Of course, you won’t have any leftover at all. This is a “Just in case”.
CAN THIS EASILY BE REHEATED?
Yes, you can. While baked brie in puff pastry will always taste the best when enjoyed immediately after baked for the first time, you can reheat it in the oven at 200F until the cheese is warm and gooey.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DELICIOUS BAKED GOOEY APPETIZER
- If you want to make this ahead of time, you can either assemble the cheese in puff pastry to store in the fridge for a day or freeze it. When ready to bake, add the egg wash and increase the baking time if baking from frozen.
- You can make a gluten-free version of this appetizer by using gluten-free puff pastry.
- This technique of wrapping brie wheels in puff pastry to bake can be used on any size cheese wheel. You can use a large brie wheel when entertaining a larger crowd or a smaller brie wheel for a smaller event. You will need to adjust the baking time according to the size of the cheese wheel selected for this appetizer.
Serve your baked brie in puff pastry with your favorite crackers or sliced baguette to scoop up all that delicious gooey cheese.
MORE EASY APPETIZERS TO ENJOY
- Panko Shrimp
- Air Fried Pickles
- Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- Spinach And Feta Stuffed Tomato Tarts
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls