This Amazing Pumpkin Bread Recipe is the perfect fall treat. The use of pumpkin puree creates a good texture with loads of healthy pumpkin flavor and nutrients while the cream cheese icing adds a touch of sweetness and delicious tang!
Serve a slice of this pumpkin bread plain, with maple butter, syrup, or even a dollop of whipped cream! It’s easy to make, super moist, and so comforting!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS AMAZING PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
This Amazing Pumpkin Bread Recipe is delicious and nutritious, consisting of healthy pumpkin puree, good dietary fiber, and various vitamins and minerals.
I’ve used oil in this bread recipe instead of butter which adds good moisture fluffiness without the risk of the center of the bread being wet and undercooked.
The cream cheese icing can be left off or easily adapted with melted butterscotch or warm spices to suit your preferences.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUMPKIN PUREE AND PUMPKIN PIE FILLING?
Pumpkin puree is real pumpkin without adding other ingredients, whereas pumpkin pie filling includes spices and sugar.
I don’t recommend using pumpkin pie filling for this bread instead of pumpkin puree, as this will alter the texture and flavor of the bread.
You can use canned pumpkin puree for convenience or make your own from scratch from roasted pumpkin.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO PUMPKIN BREAD?
- Include add-ins to the bread batter, such as chopped nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips.
- Consider experimenting with other spices, such as, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom.
- I’ve added cream cheese frosting to the top of the pumpkin bread. Easily adapt the flavor of the frosting with the addition of spices or melted butterscotch chips. You could drizzle a simple sugar glaze over the bread instead if you like.
HOW SHOULD I STORE PUMPKIN BREAD?
This pumpkin bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
In both instances, wrapping the pumpkin bread in plastic wrap is a good way to lock in moisture in the bread and prevent the bread from drying out.
CAN I FREEZE PUMPKIN BREAD?
Yes! This pumpkin bread can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once completely cool, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and store the pumpkin bread in a Ziploc bag or airtight container for freezer storage.
You could also wrap individual slices of this pumpkin bread to store in the freezer. This will allow you to remove the exact amount of slices desired instead of thawing the entire loaf.
Thaw frozen pumpkin bread at room temperature. Individual slices can be reheated in a microwave or oven.
TIPS FOR MAKING AMAZING PUMPKIN BREAD
- It’s important to use pure pumpkin puree for this homemade pumpkin bread. Using pumpkin pie filling will affect the texture of the bread and make the bread too sweet.
- Whenever baking, always measure the ingredients accurately. This can affect the outcome of the bread – making it too moist or making it dry and crumbly.
- Avoid overmixing the pumpkin bread batter. Overmixing can create dense and tough bread. It’s okay if you have a few lumps in the bread.
- Allow the eggs to reach room temperature for better incorporation and texture.
- A standard 9×5-inch loaf pan is ideal for this bread recipe. Greasing the pan with oil and then lining it with flour will help remove the bread easily from the pan once baked. The loaf pan can also be lined with parchment paper with sides overhanging which then can be pulled to release the bread.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. This helps prevent the bread from falling apart.
- 1/2 Can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice