I love being able to put a small twist on traditional recipes to make them more fun, and maybe a little less sinful when we’re enjoying. My vegan chocolate frosting is a great example of the fun that you can have with food, and still make it taste super amazing! By the way, my frosting is also dairy free! So, you get the best of both of worlds. All of my lactose intolerant and and vegan friends will be sure to love how friendly it is for their lifestyles they lead!
Do note: just because it’s vegan and dairy free, does not mean it doesn’t taste good. In fact, it tastes absolutely amazing! Think chocolate ganache! It’s rich, delicious, and hits all the right notes that every chocolate lover in the world will adore! By now, I’m sure you must be asking yourself: What’s the main ingredient that makes it vegan and dairy free? Well, what would you say if I told you avocados? I bet you didn’t think about that, did you?
You see, avocados have this amazing creamy texture and is very “fatty”. So, it’s a great substitution when cooking and baking with. However, if I called it “Avocado Chocolate Frosting”, I’m pretty sure that it might be turn off. It would make you super curious, but I’m not sure if I would even want to know the recipe…I would just be intrigued. Don’t question this recipe, just make it. TRUST ME! You will not regret it! Everyone person that it eats it will absolutely love it and want you to make more. You can eat it by the spoonfuls!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and my many other ones!
- 1 Medium-Large ripe avocado
- 2 Cups of confectioners sugar
- ⅓ Cup of cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl, place your cut and diced avocado. You don't need the pit or the skin. Note: It's very important that your avocado is ripe, or it will not turn out properly.
- With a hand held mixer on low, you want to cream the avocado until lumps are gone.
- Slowly add in your cocoa and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then add in your confectioners sugar a little bit at a time.
- Mix your frosting until well blended, and then you're ready to serve it on any of your baked goods or just eat it with a spoon!
If you don’t use all of the frosting, please be sure to store in an airtight container and place in the fridge. It should be good for at least 2 weeks. When you’re ready to use it again, take it out of the fridge at least a good 15 minutes. Give a quick blend with a fork, and you’re good to go!
Here are some other great recipes to enjoy!