Valentine’s Day Pancake Recipe
Whether we like to admit or not, we all love doing a little extra special something for loved ones to let them know that we just love the heck out of them! A lot of us tend to go over board, but I prefer in making things filled with love. I love cooking, so though that this would just be such a great way to show how much you love that special someone in your life with food! The recipe is amazing and delicious, the contrasting colors are just plain out adorable. There’s a great place not far away from called, PJ’s Pancake House. I can’t tell you how many years I have spent scarfing down their pancakes like there’s no tomorrow. So, I though to myself…why not add my love affection of my favorite pancake with the notion of Valentine’s Day! Sounds great to me. So, here’s my copy cat recipe of their pancake batter!
I hope you enjoy my recipe, and enjoy making them for the person that you love!
Valentines Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heart shaped cookie cutter
- Red Food Color or Beet Extract (Non Chemical Food coloring)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, vanilla extract and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Divide batter in half into two bowls. Use about 3 to 4 drops of the Red Food Color or Beet extract to one bowl of the batter and mix thoroughly. You can add Red Color until you get the color you like.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake.
- Allow the pancakes to slightly cool before cutting out your heart shapes
by David Murphy