In the “it’s time to try something new in 2016” category, TripTogether recommends taking the opportunity to experience rare accommodations to create a once in a lifetime memory.
“Igloos, for example, have become one of the most popular vacation accommodations for the adventurous,” notes Anita Covic, Destination Specialist, TripTogether.com. “From gazing above at the clear, star-filled sky to snuggling close, snow or glass igloos provide an escape from the everyday.
When traveling with a buddy, the experience is even better. Unique accommodations take the travel experience from sight-seeing and adventure sports to include the hotel as an important element to that overall visit.
TripTogether suggestions some of the world’s most unique accommodations including:
- Igloo (both ice and glass): Hotel Kakslauttanen Igloo Village, Saariselka, Finland
- Giraffe encounters: Giraffe Manor Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
- Dog lovers can sleep inside a beagle’s body (and bring along your dog): Dog Bark Park Inn, Idaho
- Treehouse experience: Las Cabanas del Pais Vasco, Zenuri, Spain
- Magnet-shaped hotel: Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort, Huzhou, China
- Former Fort: No Man’s Fort, private island in the Solent, 1.4 miles from the Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- Palace made of salt: Palacio de Sal, Uyuni, Bolivia
- 150 foot-high rotating crane hotel: Crane Hotel, The Netherlands (overlooking the Wadden Sea)
TripTogether (www.TripTogether.com) is a social platform connecting travelers around the world. The site motivates and inspires travelers to talk about trips, sites visited, recommendations and more. TripTogether allows members to plan the trip, get advice from locals, find travel companions and share experiences. Via the Trip Together mobile app, members chat on-the-go with 50,000 other active members. Other benefits include uploading travel photos directly from your phone, asking locals for advice, planning trips and inviting others to join you and more.
TripTogether has worked with over 300,000 travelers on over 60,000 planned trips in 150+ countries in 20,000+ cities across the globe.