With October being Italian-American heritage month, I felt the need to make a delicious pasta meal. Many of you don’t know, but I am a wonderful mix of Puerto Rican and Italian. Which is why I always have a slight tan throughout the year, and why I’m always craving all of these carbs! Don’t judge me, they’re so delicious. However, I love mixing up special ingredients inside of my pasta dishes to give them more flair and personality. Yes. Mostly people will tell you that it’s all about the sauce and the 12 hours it takes to slave over an oven to make them. I disagree. To me, it’s all about the fresh flavor of ingredients that you use inside of your dish to make that pasta dish come to life.
One my most favorite ingredients to use is Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage. It has just the right balance of fresh herbs and spices in their premium sausage. It truly does help to make basic sausage so much more flavorful, and a whole new experience for the palate to enjoy. Johnsonville sausage is made the Johnsonville Way – from a team dedicated to creating the best sausage in America with choice cuts of meat and a variety of flavors and spices mixed in. Goodbye boring beef, and hello sausage!
This recipe is so simple, delicious, AND you can make it 30 minutes or less! That’s a big time saver for a big family like mine. The fresh spinach was a just the perfect balance to pasta dish. The Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage added such a heightened flavored, and made my whole family happy. When my family is happy with the food they’re eating, then I’m even happier!
Johnsonville Offers Authentic Italian Flavors for the following:
- Available in Trays and Party Packs.
- Flavor Varietals
- Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links
- Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links
- Fresh Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- Fresh Italian Four Cheese Sausage Links
- All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage
- All Natural Fresh Italian Hot Ground Sausage
- All Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- Chorizo Ground Sausage
- Please Note: For optimum freshness, keep refrigerated and prepare within 3 days of purchase, otherwise freeze for up to 30 days.
Let’s go and make this super easy and delicious recipe!
Spinach Cheese Tortellini With Italian Sausage
- 1 package Johnsonville Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 8 Ounces baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz) roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8oz) roasted tomato sauce
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Drain and cook pasta according to directions on package. I like to add about 2 tablespoons of salt to my pasta water.
- In a large skillet on high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO, and then add the sausage. Cook until the fat has been rendered from the pan and sausage is prepared thoroughly. Remove sausage from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of EVOO and add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until the are nice and tender. Then add in the garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in the sausage, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sale and pepper. Simmer for approximately 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add the tortellini pasta, parmesan cheese, and baby spinach. Toss until all ingredients are integrated and the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with some extra parmesan cheese on top!
by David Murphy
Viola! You had a yummy dinner ready to go in no time at all. Put an end to boring pasta dishes in your home, and bring them to life with Johnsonville Authentic Italian flavored sausage!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville . The opinions and text are all mine.