Everyone is planning their summer vacations, including me. I’ve decided to a “staycation” this year! What’s a staycation? Well, I’m not going to do any kind of traveling. I’m gonna stay home with Stephen, Angela, and the puppies. However, we’re totally gonna have other friends and family members over to play board games and eat a lot of food! If you now me at all, I’m going to be make a ton of different amazing food, without necessarily having to do a lot of cooking. I mean, it’s already hot…so why not #bringtheheat to your palate in a chilled, delicious, and healthy way!
I love making food with super simple and fresh ingredients. With this recipe, I’m using Mezzetta’s Roasted Red Peppers! I could eat roasted red peppers all of the time on just about anything and in anything. They have this nice sweetness to them that will add a layer of flavor to all of your dishes. Mezzetta , like me, has a philosophy of fresh, delicious, and healthy foods. In fact, they are becoming the #1 brand in the country! That should definitely give you a lot of great faith in the company, as they already have mine.
So, let’s talk about this delicious appetizer that you’re going to make, and that your friends and family members are going to eat up by the pounds! Be sure to make a lot of them.
Roasted Red Pepper, Mozzarella, and Avocado Appetizer Recipe
- 1 Jar of Mezzeta Roasted Red Peppers (Large or Small, depends on how many you are making!)
- 1 package of mini organic Mozzarella balls
- 2 to 3 Avocados (chilled)
- This process is going to work better if you layout all of the mozzarella balls out on a tray before combing the other two ingredients and sticking a toothpick in it.
- Slice small vertical strips from your Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers and lay them across the mozzarella balls.
- Slice your avocado open, deseed it, and scoop out each half of avocado onto a cutting board. Make medium sized vertical slices. From there, lay the avocado slices on their sides and cut into 3-4 chunk style pieces. Refer to the different images as a visual example.
- Place a toothpick through the top to the base, and you're ready to serve!
by David Murphy
This appetizer is super great to pass around on a tray, or just leave on this awesome Mezzetta Cutting board! Oh wait, would you just love one of these beautiful babies?? Well, you can enter to win one of the many Summer Survival kits that Mezzetta is giving away this Summer! Mezzetta sent me off a fabulous survival kit, and this is just one of the many awesome items in it!
Checkout this fabulous apron! Now THIS is perfect to help #bringtheheat on this Summer in the kitchen or on the Grill! Can you tell that I’ve been having fun with all of this? Oh yeah, they also sent me an amazing Beach towel, an inflatable ball (that I will probably torture my puppies or Angela with), and cocktail napkins! This is gonna be an amazing staycation to remember!
It’s gonna be amazing from all of the delicious food that I can’t wait to make, most especially with Mezzetta’s delicious Roasted Red Peppers, but with all of the board games, movie binging, and some pretty intense food that’s gonna be cooked on the grill! Are you doing a staycation this year? What are your plans? Whatever your plans are, be sure to enter the Mezzetta Giveaway to win your own Summer Survival kit!!
Mezzetta has so much more than just Roasted Red Peppers! They also have: Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini
Deli-sliced Golden Greek Peperocini, Deli-sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers, Deli-Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers, Deli-sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Hot Banana Wax Peppers, Sweet Banana Wax Peppers! With all of these great additions, how could your summer food frenzy go wrong?