Oven Roasted Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and Rainbow Carrots
When Stephen and I were thinking of what sort of healthy options that we can make for our vegetarian friends, and those that didn’t want a pound of cream, cheese, and butter in another dish (stop judging us), we decided to make this! This dish is made with organic rainbow potatoes, rainbow carrots, and brussels sprouts. We went with the rainbow variety because we wanted to add some color to our side dishes. I promise you it had nothing with us being of the homosexual persuasion at all…okay…well maybe a little bit. All of these products are easy to purchase at Trader Joe’s or most grocery stores that carry a nice selection of fruits and veggies.
Most people are always at a loss of what to make, and this dish certainly helps to keep the variety alive and going strong! Also, this is an amazing stand alone dish. It’s so hearty, you really don’t need a protein to go with it at all. Plus, with the cold weather hear upon us, it will warm the soul and fill the belly right up!
As always, I hope you enjoy the recipes that we share from our home to yours!
Roasted Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and Carrots
- 2 Small Bags of Rainbow Potatoes (Cut into quarters)
- 1 Bag of Rainbow Carrots (Peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 Stalk (or bag) of Fresh Brussels Sprouts (Please do not use frozen...it will turn into mush!)
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 7 Basil Leaves ( or 2 tablespoons dried Basil)
- 6 stalks of Rosemary (leave 2 stalks whole - slide rosemary leaves off of the other 4)
- 18 stalks of Thyme (leave 3 to side - slide thyme off of the rest)
- 1/2 Cup of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil - you can use coconut oil)
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper to taste
- 1 Large ZIp Loc bag
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- With a chef's knife (be careful!) cut basil, rosemary, and thyme into "confetti" type of pieces. You want them cut super well!
- In a large Zip Loc bag add ALL ingredients - except stalks of rosemary & thyme. Close the bag, and shake ingredients all around until mixture is spread evenly over potatoes, carrots, and brussels sprouts.
- Open bag, and spread ingredients out in a large Pyrex (9 x 12) glass dish.
- Add stalks of rosemary and thyme in center, and cover with foil
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes, and then take foil off.
- Cook for an additional 12 minutes. Just add a slight browning effect.