I love coming up with quick and easy appetizers, and these prosciutto wrapped asparagus is definitely one of my top favorites to make! You use less than 5 ingredients to create something mouthwatering and delicious for everyone to enjoy! Stephen and I love having friends over our house all of the time, and our friends just might be a little spoiled with the fact that we love food and we love to cook. We totally hate making plain old boring food. We like trying to mix our passion of using fresh quality ingredients, and utilize ingredients that we know people will just love as much as we do. So, there’s a lot of practice that goes into making the different recipes we have…but practice definitely makes perfect!
What’s really great about this recipe is the flavors! You get hints of sweetness from the asparagus, and the slight crunchy salty flavor from the cooked proscuitto. It doesn’t get much better than that, unless you added a slice of chocolate cake on the side with it.
The only thing we ask of people is to just enjoy, and maybe add in some ideas of what we can do next time! However, most are just in heaven and end up in a food coma. That’s the best compliment anyone can give lol. I hope you enjoy this super easy recipe, and stay on the look out for more!
Pancetta Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 Bundle of Medium sized fresh asaparagus
- 1 package of thin sliced proscuitto
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with foil. You can use a non-stick vegetable oil spray on the foil.
- Cut approximately 1 inch off the base of the asparagus spears.
- Light coat each asparagus with EVOO and cracked pepper.
- Wrap a piece of proscuitto around each spear. I found that one slice of proscuitto works for 2 asapragus spears.
- Place in oven for approximately 10 minutes. Pull asparagus out and flip them.
- Place back in oven for approximately 10 more minutes or until a nice golden brown color.
by David Murphy
Here are some other amazing recipes to enjoy!