These are the best Instant Pot pinto beans and bacon recipe I have ever made. Can you believe I made this Instant Pot pinto beans and bacon recipe from a bag of dried pinto beans, and I did it in about an hour? I know it sounds ridiculous, but it happened. I was completely shocked! The last time I tried to make any type of bag of dried beans, it took FOREVER to cook. Although, I never soaked the beans in water and had to keep on guessing about how much water to add and all of that lovely jazz. It was a total failure. Actually, it was nightmare. No one ate dinner until about 10:30pm. All I could do was stand silently in the kitchen while trying not to cry.
I looked up a ton of recipes online, and dedicated myself to try out which one I thought made the most sense for me to try and make. Score! Found one! The bean to water ratio was just what I was looking for. The only thing I didn’t agree with is the cooking time. so I tested it out and I was right. It needed another 10 minutes….then the pinto beans and bacon were seriously cooked to perfection.
Now for the fun par: the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Bacon
- 1 pound bag of dried pinto beans
- 2 pounds thick cut bacon (cut into 2" pieces)
- 7 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Cholula hot sauce.
- With your IP on sauté, cook your bacon until it's nice and crispy. Drain half the grease out of your IP when done.
- Add in your dried beans, water, and all other seasonings.
- Set to manual high pressure for 38 minutes.
- When done, let it NATURALLY release pressure. It should take about 22-26 minutes for this to happen (depending on elevation).
- Take the lid off and allow to set for about 10 minutes before serving over some amazing jasmine rice!
- Done and serve!
by David Murphy
Yum and done!
If you loved this recipe, be sure to checkout my other Instant Pot recipes! I’m on a journey to make life easier for the both of us!
I’ll keep adding more recipes as I come up with them! Just know that I’ll always be sure to try the recipe out first, and then share them with you!
For you visual people, here are some awesome step by step photos 😀