You’re going to love my instant pot chicken parmigiana. I’m calling it instant pot chicken parmigiana light because the chicken tenderloins aren’t breaded, so you are getting a few less calories in your diet. Lawd knows that the pasta has enough of those yummy thigh stretching calories.
If you can’t tell yet, I’ve fallen in love with my Instant Pot. I have made 5 meals out of this past week! It’s a great time saver for busy people like myself. I love that I can put frozen chicken into the Instant Pot, and then 15 minutes later its done and ready to be served to my family.
I made this meal in under 20 minutes from start to finish. The Instant Pot still amazes me with it’s functionality and helping feed my huge brood. Now that you’ve seen the pictures, let’s get to that recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana Light Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana
- 1 bag of frozen chicken tenderloins - 2 1/2 pounds (un-breaded - approximately 23-25 tenderloins)
- 6 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 boxes of rigatoni pasta (approximately 1 1/2 pounds of dried pasta)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Place frozen chicken tenderloins, pasta sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano, into your Instant Pot. Manually set for 12 minutes.
- Once done do a QR for pressure.
- With a wooden spoon, break up the pieces of chicken into smaller pieces. They'll be so tender, so this will easily happen.
- Add in your pasta, and stir the pasta in the sauce.
- Manually set for 5 minutes, and then QR the pressure.
- Add parmesan cheese, give it a stir and you're ready to serve!
- Serve with shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
I hope you enjoyed my Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana Light Recipe! Be sure to check out my other Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta
- Instant Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Instant Pot Tex Mex Chili
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Bacon