My Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta dish I made last night was a HUGE hit with my family! My family is loving the Instant Pot, as I am able to get dinner done and served in under 30 minutes. That’s a HUGE sigh of relief in my home as I have such a busy day before trying to get dinner started. Time escapes me, and I wind up taking over 1 1/2 hours to making a full meal for my family. In fact, I have used my Instant Pot 3 times this week, and am planning on a fourth soon! This week I made Sausage & Peppers and then Tex Mex Chili in my Instant Pot. Go and grab the recipes because they’re super simple and definitely delicious!
My family adores and chicken, and they love them some cheese. So of course, it was an easy thing to try to cook. The only thing that I was concerned about was, “What type of pasta” I should use. Common sense kicked in and told me that I would need a thick and hearty pasta too cook with the chicken. So I used an orecchiette bag of pasta that I already had on hand. You can use different pasta with it, such as penne and rigatoni.
I hope you enjoy this super duper easy and delicious instant pot cheesy chicken and pasta recipe!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken And Pasta
- Approximately 2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1
- 1 tablespoon of EVOO
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 bag of orecchiette pasta (1 pound bag)
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- With your IP on sauté, add in olive oil. Wait until it's heated and add in your 1" cubed chicken chunks.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes. I just wanted a little seared color on them.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (except pasta, milk and cheese) and close your IP lid. Set on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes. QR when done.
- Add in pasta, milk, and cheese. Set on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When it's done, do a NPR. If you do a QR, some liquids might squirt out with the steam. Mix well when you remove IP lid. PLEASE NOTE: There will be a tiny bit of "scorching" at the bottom of your IP because of the milk. I didn't find it to be too horrible, I just didn't scrape the bottom...but I wanted to be honest with you all.
by David Murphy
You will not have made an easier or delicious meal in your Instant Pot. My Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta is going to be a HUGE hit in your home, too! Please note: That there will be some slight charring at the bottom due to the dairy products, but it’s not really bad. It’s just a little bit, which is why it’s important to layer pasta on top of the chicken, and then the layer of cheese on top.