Frozen Strawberry Granola Yogurt Recipe
Yes, another dessert recipe to help me with my sweet tooth…but at least this a healthy clean eating recipe! I’ve fallen in love with organic produce, yogurt, and granola! Lately, I’ve been eating fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola like a crazy man after my workout. I actually crave it, and it’s super satisfying. Well, last night I was needing a sweet treat. So, I decided to make me some frozen yogurt! The only downfall? I don’t have an ice cream machine. All I had was a wooden spoon, a freezer, and a metal bowl. I was determined to make it work! Yes, it did take a lot longer without the specialty ice cream machine portion…but it was well worth it! The sweetness of from the strawberries and the granola was just a perfect combination! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Homemade Frozen Strawberry Granola Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cups of Organic yogurt
- 1 Cup of Minced organic strawberries (Approximately 7-8 large strawberries)
- 1/4 Cup of Organic granola
- In a dry stainless steel bowl, place in freezer. We want to get the bowl ice cold. Leave in the freezer while prepping your strawberries.
- In a small bowl and using a paring knife, cut the tops of the strawberries off and start cutting off tiny little pieces of strawberries. Make all different shapes. I would leave out the inner lighter color portion for the most part.
- Take bowl out of freezer and add in your yogurt, minced strawberries, and granola.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes and stir it with wooden spoon. You will notice it will start crystalizing on the sides of the bowl. That's fine and what we want.
- Do this every 15 minutes for about 2 hours.