This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrilledAndReady
My Family loves grilled chicken and rice. Which is great! With my big family, I’m always looking for quick, easy, and “Better For You” meals that I can make for them to enjoy while making my life less hectic. I don’t care how easy it is, I refuse to fill them with junk and fast food. Since day one, I’ve been committed to creating wholesome and delicious food. Yes, there are those days I want to pick up the phone and order take out because I’m all frazzled; however, once I start cooking…I’m good.
Well, Tyson Foods just made my life a little bit easier in making grilled chicken and rice. Maybe a whole easier, but I’ll start with a little bit for right now (I don’t want to give them too much of a big over there in the corporate office). I can sincerely open a bag of Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips, heat it with a sauce, throw it over rice, pasta, or even just by itself…and my day is complete. Sometimes in a matter of 10 minutes or less!
The best part is that I’m able to conveniently purchase a 3-pound bag while I’m at Sam’s Club. They’re located in the Meat section in the Frozen Foods area. Why does Tyson Foods have my trust with this product? Great Question! Yes, it’s convenient, but it’s much more than that. Their chicken products are hormone free, antibiotic free, and there are no added preservatives. Yes. I purchase their products with confidence.
I know another question is, “Well how does it taste?” Another great question! You’re on top of your game today. Nicely done! It tastes pretty great and doesn’t have that frozen taste nor is it rubbery when you cook it. You know exactly what I’m talking about. I’ve tried other brands of frozen pre-cooked chicken before, but the taste was just so off. So I had my trepidations. However, I’m totally happy and satisfied, In fact, while I was checking out with the cashier I paid with my card, and then picked up the bag of chicken and it squeezed out a little bit of air out. The cashier stated, “Wow…that actually smells really good!” I simply replied, “I hope it tastes as good at is smells!”
You know what I love even better than easy to create delicious food? How about saving $5/2 bags of Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips? Now I’m totally in love with Tyson Foods because they’re watching out for my waistline, my convenience of cooking, and my wallet. Be sure to checkout this Ibotta offer before it’s gone!
As you know, I love being creative with food. I wanted something a little light with lots of flavor. So I made a fresh herb & sage white wine butter sauce that I sautéed the chicken in, and then served it over rice. I’ve included the simple recipe below. Enjoy!
The Best Grilled Chicken and Rice dish you need to make!
Grilled Chicken With Sage Butter Sauce
- 2 Cups of Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 Bottle of chardonnay
- 1 stick of salted butter (1/2 Cup)
- 2 Teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Herbs de Provence
- 1 Tablespoon of diced fresh Sage
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package of microwaveable Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups of baby spinach
- In large pan over medium heat, pour the wine in. Allow the wine to warm and almost start to boil. Then add garlic.
- Once wine starts boiling, lower heat and add your butter and all seasonings. Allow to simmer and reduce for 10 minutes. The alcohol of the wine will cook out of it pretty fast. You’ll wind up with half the amount of liquid than what you started off with.
- Add in the chicken, and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Stir around the sauce to soak up all of the goodness and flavor. After 5 minutes, add in the baby spinach and lightly stir for one minute. Just enough to get the hot liquid over the baby spinach. Baby spinach cooks fast, and it’s why I love cooking with it! Once the baby spinach has been nicely coated with your fresh herb butter sauce, turn the heat off! It will finish cooking by itself.
by David Murphy
Serve over cooked Jasmine rice, and you’re all set to go! Dinner in less than 20 minutes! Your grilled chicken and rice just became so delicious!
For those that need a visual, here you go! This is what the sauce will look like before adding the chicken.
You can dice up the chicken if you like. As you can see, I have coated the Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips really well.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Don’t forget to take a look at my other yummy and easy to make recipes before you leave, and bookmark this for later. You’ll thank me.