(Photo Credit: Bobby Trigg)
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is one of my most favorite and decadent copy cat recipes to do from Chef Bobby Trigg of the Ferry House Restaurant. It’s super rich, and completely gluten free. So you can’t go wrong! At the restaurant, we always served with with a Black Pearl chocolate ice cream and a crème anglaise! It pretty much goes perfect with any meaty cabernet or shiraz wine. In fact, I definitely recommend it! Enjoy!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks (1 Cup) unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 6 4-ounce oval molds with a vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- In a medium stainless-steel bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and cook until the mixture is melted. Mix and set off to side and let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, egg yolks and sugar with a handheld mixer on high. You want the volume to triple in size.
- Fold the Chocolate mixture and egg mixture together until blended.
- Equally divide the mixture in the molds.
- Place molds on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until just set in the center. Transfer molds to wire wrack to allow to cool, and then refrigerate and chill for at least 1 hour before serving
by David Murphy
I hope you enjoy this absolutely delicious dessert, and all other recipes that I’ve been sharing for you! Stayed tuned for more, and be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!