Protecting your family is important. There are many things out there that can harm us, and one of those happens to be Carbon Monoxide. It is deadly because it is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It can sneak up on us and cause symptoms that mimic the flu. If not caught, it can cause lethal levels of dosage that can be detrimental to you and your family. Do you want to take that risk?
Having enough of these in your home is important because like your smoke detector you need to ensure you can monitor these levels on every floor of your house including the basement, and in every bedroom, whether they are yours, children, or that newborn.
I am participating with Tom’s Take On Things and First Alert to help give one of these monitors away. This particular model has a back-lit display, and can measure the temperature where it is as well. They can be mounted on the wall, or sit nicely on a shelf, or dresser. The First Alert CO710 Carbon Monoxide Alarm has a battery that lasts 10 years, with no need to change them for the life of the alarm. After about 10 years it will alert you when the battery has expired and you will need to replace the unit.