DIY Halloween Appetizer: Deviled Eggs
Who knew you could a little bit of flare to plain ol’ ordinary deviled eggs. Well, let me just say…I LOVE deviled eggs. They don’t love me, but I sure love them. If you’re planning a Halloween party, then you definitely need to make these little babies up to add the extra spooktacular flair to your event. Now, I can’t take all the credit for coming up with this idea. I actually saw this in some sort of shopping catalog, and they were using at as a form of decoration. So I said to myself, “Self…you need to make these and share the recipe!” So here I am…with myself…and sharing this ghoulish treat!
DIY Halloween Deviled Eggs
- 6 Large eggs
- 3 tbspns Mayonnaise
- 1 tbspn Yellow Mustard
- Pinch of Kosher Salt (regular is fine)
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Small Can of Black Olives (For Decorations)
- Hard boil the eggs, and cool them off under running cold water when eggs are cooked.
- Slice Eggs in half length-wise and place cooked yolks in a side bowl.
- To the egg yolks in the side bowl, add in all ingredients (except black olives). You may add in extra salt & pepper to taste. If you're like my grandmother, then please...use a little relish. I won't mind 🙂
- To fill in your deviled eggs, I like using a Ziploc bag or a small pastry bag. If you are using a Ziploc bag, just be sure to clip a corner with scissors and push out excess air from bag.
- When eggs are filled, it's time to pull out the black olives! For the black olives, you want to slice them length-wise. One half of the olive is for the spider body and the other half is to slice and use as scary spider legs!
- Place your deviled eggs into the fridge to chill and serve when your Ghoulish guests arrive!
by David Murphy
I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed making them! Take a look at all of my other amazing Halloween DIY crafts and recipes!