Crockpot Chicken And Dumplings Recipe
Chicken and dumplings is probably my most favorite all time dish ever! I just recently started using my crockpot, and decided to make a crockpot chicken and dumplings! Yes…I was that excited in making it. I’m still like a little kid when I get new kitchen toys to play around with. I really feel that I’m going to have LOADS of fun with mine! It takes about 4 1/2 hours to cook, but I had a lot of work to catch up on…so it seemed like a perfect time to do it. Of course, I have put my own stamp on this recipe…and yes…it is completely amazing! I can’t wait for you to try it! Here’s the recipe, now go have some fun!
- 5 - 6 chicken breasts (deboned and skinless) - I Used frozen ones. I did not thaw them.
- 1 Quart organic vegetable broth
- 1.5 Quart of water (or enough to cover chicken breasts)
- 1 Teaspoon of Rosemary
- ½ Teaspoon of Basil
- ½ Teaspoon of Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Cracked pepper
- 1 Bag frozen organic mixed vegetables
- 2 Cups of Bisquick
- ½ Cup of Water
- Extra sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a 5 quart crockpot, place frozen chicken breasts. Pour in vegetable broth, and then cover chicken breasts with water. You might not need all of the water. You want enough to just barely cover the top breast. Your crockpot will be about 80% filled with liquid.
- Add in your Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Sea Salt, and Pepper.
- Put crockpot settings on high. Allow to cook for 3½ hours.
- After 3½ hours have passed, remove chicken breast and place in bowl to cool.
- Add in your Frozen vegetables to crockpot.
- While chicken breasts are cooling, grab a medium sized bowl, and add Bisquick, ¼ Cup of water plus a tablespoon of water, a teaspoon of salt, and a little pepper. Mix thoroughly with a fork...and then use your hands to need the dough for 5 minutes. Place dough on a lightly floured surface to roll out flat. How thick or thin you roll your dough out is up to you. With a pizza cutter or knife, a pizza cutter is just easier, cut out your dumplings into slight rectangular shapes. Then add all pieces into crockpot.
- While everything is cooking in the crockpot, go ahead and shred your chicken breast...and then place on top of dumplings in crockpot. This will help add a little weight to the dumplings, and will immerse them more into the broth to cook.
- Cook everything for an addition 20-30 minutes, and you're all done!
Please make sure to sign up for my E-mail newsletter to receive my FREE Recipe E-Book!!
Here are some other fabulous recipes from my friends!