Crockpot BBQ Pork Roast
I love a great crockpot recipe, especially when making my favorite crockpot BBQ Pork Roast Recipe in it. The house just always smells amazing with simmering on low. I normally drive myself crazy because I want to start chowing down on it after the first few hours! However, I am able to keep my composure and refrain. I know it’s not ready, but my stomach is trying to tell me that it is. I knew it was going to be huge hit once Angela came into to the kitchen exclaiming, “What is that? It smells so good!” I proudly smiled and told her what it was. She giggled with delight and told me she couldn’t wait until it was done!
Originally, this was about a 4 pound roast that I had Stephen pick up from Wegman’s. I merely cut it in half before placing into my 5 quart crockpot! I don’t have a recipe for BBQ sauce yet, so I went my favorite “Honey BBQ Sauce” that’s made by Sweet Baby Rays! However, I do doctor it up a little bit (as I do with all of my BBQ sauces. To each bottle of BBQ sauce that I use, I always add in 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar. It just adds more depth and flavor.
Anyway, I sure hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 4-ish Pound Pork Roast
- Approximately 2 Tablespoons of Everyday Seasoning from Trader Joe's
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper to season
- 1 Bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce (Doctored up with my suggestions)
- In a 5 quart crockpot, turn on low.
- With the fat side down, encrust the top meat layer with the Every Seasoning, sea salt, and pepper. Press it firm into the meat.
- Place the roast, fat side down, into the crockpot.
- Pour the BBQ sauce mixture on top.
- Cover with lid and cook for 3 hours.
- With tongs, flip the roast. Place lid back on and cook for an additional 2½ hours.
- Turn off and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
If you enjoy this easy and amazing recipe, then you’ll love these other great crockpot recipes: