One of my fondest childhood memories is being in the kitchen with my great grandma while watching her cook and bake. To this day, I simply cannot recreate her homemade chocolate pudding. She always used fresh wholesome ingredients. No matter how hard I try, I would always either overcook it or didn’t add in just the right amount of cocoa. Luckily, I came across KozyShack chocolate pudding. I’ve tried so many other brands, but KozyShack really hit a home run with theirs! Just like my great grandma, they use really simple and wholesome ingredients. I now no longer need to try to make it from scratch! Well, at least not for right now. However, I’ve come to trust the KozyShack brand. I love knowing what ingredients are inside of my food, especially since I have a food color allergy. KozyShack keeps me worry free!
KozyShack has officially kicked off their Summer of Pudding campaign! Yes! Each month is a great theme, of whether you’re eating pudding at a picnic, with friends, or with your family gathered up together and relaxing on the couch watching a favorite family movie.
As most of you know, I like trying to think outside of the box in how I keep the philosophy of using wholesome and simple ingredients, and try to transform this amazing chocolate pudding into something else. Hence, I came up with a makeshift chocolate mousse cups in a homemade chocolate cup that was topped with homemade whipped cream and mini chocolate chips! I can’t take claim for the idea of making chocolate bowls, as I got the idea off of a Youtube video. However, I can take credit for making mini ones and filling them with this delicious yumminess!
Chocolate Mousse Cups
- 1 Cup of KozyShack chocolate pudding
- 1 Cup of Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate chips (have a little extra to side for garnishment)
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 9 Water Balloons filled with air. No fully, just enough to create a small balloon about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide.
- In a medium sized bowl, add heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sugar. Blend with a handheld mixer on medium. Continue until you see stiff peaks. Place in the fridge to keep chilled while doing the rest.
- In a double boiler method, melt your chocolate chips. Don't get the chocolate too hot or you will scorch it. You can also melt in the microwave, I prefer in the double boil method.
- On a piece of parchment paper, add a dollop of melted chocolate and spread into the size of a quarter. Make 9 chocolate dots.
- Dip the balloons inside of the chocolate and spread around. Then place on top of chocolate dots.
- Allow to cool and firm up. You can place in the fridge to help increase cooling time.
- While mini chocolate bowls are cool, let's make a super quick chocolate mousse. In a medium sized bowl, add KozyShack Chocolate pudding and ½ cup of the whipped cream you made. Mix well and then place in the fridge.
- Remove chocolate cups from fridge when they have completed firmed up. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Pop the balloons and remove and balloon remnants.
- Place the rest of the whipped cream in a pastry bag with a big star tip.
- Fill each chocolate bowl with the make shift chocolate mousse. Top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips!
There’s the recipe, and here’s the play by play on a visual level for you!
The main ingredients you will need! I can’t wait to dig into the KozyShack chocolate pudding!
Here are those chocolate dots that you need to make. I used a spoon to assist with the making of them.
Cover the base of the balloons and half way up the balloon. You can make each one unique and make different sizes. Don’t worry about trying to a perfectionist!
Then there’s the make shift chocolate mousse! I call it make shift because chocolate mousse takes a little bit longer to make. This is super fast, easy, wholesome, and delicious.
Top with your homemade whipped cream you just made.
Then finish up with some mini chocolate chips! They’re so easy to make and super delicious!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and hope you have an amazing Summer of Pudding while making some memories with your friends and family members!