Chicken, Pecan, and Apple Salad
This chicken salad recipe is a complete clean eating recipe that you’re going to love! Believe it or not, this all from leftover stuff in the fridge and the pantry that I had on hand. Since I’ve been trying to watch my weight and get in better shape, I tend to have a lot of the mixed spring salad greens on hand. The spring mix definitely enhanced the flavor of the chicken salad. But, before you scorn me…let me forewarn you that I did NOT use mayonnaise of any sort in this. Wait until you get to the recipe to know what I used as a binder! Even my sister, Angela, gave it rave reviews! Now, this is also great salad to make a sandwich out of! Oh carbs…boy how I miss you at times. Here’s the recipe, and I sure hope you enjoy it!
Chicken, Pecan, Apple Salad
- 6 Oven roasted organic chicken tenders (cut into small cubes)
- 1/4 Cup of minced pecans
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple (organic -cut into small cubes)
- 2 small sweet peppers (diced)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- These instructions are super simple. All you do is bring out a small to medium sized bowl and mixed all of your ingredients in together. If you like a more "wet" salad mixture, simply add in an extra tablespoon of sour cream.
- Place your chicken salad over a bed of your mixed spring greens and your golden!