Brussels Sprouts Casserole: Simple & Easy!
This brussels sprouts casserole has easily become one of my new favorite dishes to make, and I can’t even take credit for it. One of our friends, Jackie, brought this over, and new right away I had to blog about it and share the recipe! Stephen and I have become SUPER fond of brussels sprouts and finding fund and different ways to eat them. This is one of this dishes that you will have to make for almost every occasion! What’s even better than delicious? How about something that’s super simple and easy to make for any chef no matter what skill set level you are!
This dish is definitely an amazing one for our vegetarian friends! however, you can easily “veganize” without any issues at all.
We hope you enjoy another great recipe from our house to yours!
Brussels Sprouts Casserole
- 1 bag brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 3/4 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, add brussels sprouts and pulsate. You don't want them puréed, just nice and minced. Add to a bowl. Add the Cheddar, flour, thyme, garlic and some salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss to combine. Add the mixture to an 8- by 8-inch baking dish, packing it in. Pour over the heavy cream.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, Parmesan and oil and pour over the brussels sprouts mixture.
- Bake uncovered until the brussels sprouts are tender, the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.