Broccoli & Mushroom Casserole
Now that the cold weather is upon us, that can only mean one thing: Casserole season! As any good southern boy does, I am in love with casseroles! Most especially since they are mostly a one pot recipe. Well, this one is technically a two pot recipe…but let’s not get into semantics. If you love casseroles, then you will definitely love this! This will also be a great addition to any Thanksgiving meal.
When making this recipe, the only real thing you have to keep an eye on is the broccoli. If you over cook them, they will turn to pure mush! We certainly don’t want that to happen, especially if you’re a complete texture person with your food.
Also, in case you’re wondering, Angela loves! She asked for thirds…not that I’m shocked, but she is really my main critic. I hope you enjoy this recipe! Keep an eye out for more to come.
- 2 Small Containers of Sliced mushrooms (I used the button variety)
- 2 Bags of Broccoli Flowerettes (yes...I was too lazy to cut them up)
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1½ Cups of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup of Minced Cracked Pepper Crackers (Any cracker will do, I just like the pepper flavor)
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a pan on a medium flame, add olive oil. Once oil is slightly hot, add in fresh minced garlic.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in your Broccoli flowerettes, and then add seasonings and covered pan to help steam cook the broccoli.
- Stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup and milk. Gently fold into pan and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off heat, and add broccoli mixture into glass dish.
- Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese and finish with crackers.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.