Banana Chocolate Tart Recipe
I just recently made homemade banana pudding, and I wanted to something else creative with this. I really can’t take credit for this idea. One of my really great chefs though of this idea, and it’s just been a knock out winner time and time again. You can use store brand pie crust for this recipe, but I prefer in making my own. You can find my Crust recipe from here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Banana Chocolate Tarts
- Pie Crust Shell
- 1 banana (sliced thin)
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Whipped Cream (I like to make my own)
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- In a muffin tin, spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Cut out circles from the pie shell mixture and form to mold of muffin tin. I actually leave extra above the muffin tin rim.
- Score the bottoms of the tart shells and bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips thoroughly and remove from heat.
- With a tablespoon, add melted chocolate to the inside. Cover the inside completely and allow to air dry.
- Add a tablespoon (or more) of banana pudding to the inside and finish with whipped cream and a banana slice.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top, and then place tart into the refrigerator.