Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
As you can tell by now, I’m infatuated with pound cake. It’s engraved into my DNA, as I’m from the South. There’s nothing more that Southerners love (besides sweet tea and banana pudding), than having the bragging rights of making an amazing pound cake! So, I put a couple of loves together: Bananas and Chocolate Chips. Now, I don’t use normal chocolate chips, I used the semi-sweet flattened disc shaped ones. Though, you can absolutely use the normal chocolate chips…it’s just a preference. Enjoy!
Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 1 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 eggs
- 3 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups of swans down cake flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla or lemon flavoring
- 3 medium bananas (mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups of Chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Cream sugar, cream cheese, and butter add 1 cup of flour and two eggs cream together and keep adding eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour until creamed together smoothly then last add flavoring and mix well. Your mixture will be super rich and thick. Don’t worry! This is how it’s supposed to look.
- Add in mashed bananas and chocolate chips. Mix for an additional minute to spread throughout.
- Poor mixture into mini bread molds or your favorite mold of your choice. (be sure that it is buttered and lightly floured to make sure it won’t stick to sides).
- Bake for approximately 50 mins or until a fork or toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Different altitudes will have different cooking times).
- Allow time to cool. Since this is very thick, it will need a lot of time to cool. Though, I do like cutting a slice when it’s warm.