Baked Ziti Recipe
I just LOVE a pasta dishes! They’re easy to make and so delicious! If you love easy recipes, then my baked ziti is sure to make you SO super happy! Yes, there are a ton of variations out there…and the one I’m making is a meatless one, so you’re vegetarian friends will be sure to love it! However, feel free to brown up some ground beef or crumbled italian sausage to add some delicious meat flavor to it. With or without meat, you simply can not go wrong with this recipe! Here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it!
- 1/2 box of ziti pasta (or any type of fun pasta shape you wish)
- 1 1/2 jars of your favor sauce (homemade is preferable!)
- 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of grated parmesan - romano cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon of basil (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook pasta according to directions, but cook the pasta more on the al dente side.
- In a large bow, add drained pasta, sauce, grated parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper (to taste). Mix thoroughly and allow to set for 5 minutes.
- In large pyrex pan (or dish of choice), pour in your pasta mix.
- Cover the pasta with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- To add a little extra flavor, I like to sprinkle extra basil, oregano, and a little bit of parmesan on top of the mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until a slight browning effect has happened.
- It's ready to serve with a side salad and some yummy garlic bread!
by David Murphy